Most of you are not in London over the holidays, but for those of us in town – what do you think of the following schedule? We could run Mon, Wed, and Fri each week and usually people group up sometime on the weekend for a run. Let’s change our start time to 9:00am.
Usually we continue to run up the hill on Fridays, so it’s really only the Mon and Wed runs to consider.
Some nice holidays routes could be:
- Notting Hill (6.5 miles)
- Shopping route (6-6.5 miles) through Regents Park, down Marylebone High St., at Oxford St. turn left then take New Bond St. down to Piccadilly. Turn right and head back to Hyde Park then home via the US Embassy
- Hyde/Green Park loop – (6-7 miles) down Lisson Grove to Hyde Park, down to Wellington Arch, over to Green Park, down to Buckingham Palace, then up the steep hill at the edge of Green Park next to the Ritz, then wind your way home through Mayfair
- Borough Market – (6-ish miles) the market is open every day from 10-5 for the holiday season except from the 25th-28th.
- Battersea Park (10 miles) this is always a nice route is anyone is wanting a long run.
- Hyde Park loop – (8 miles) the full perimeter of the park
- Green/St. James Park loop – (8 miles) down Lisson Grove to Hyde Park, down to Wellington Arch, over to Green Park, down to Buckingham Palace, then into St. James – do the full perimeter of St. James Park, then up back into Green Park – finish the full perimeter (so go up to the Ritz and run along the north edge of the park), back to Hyde Park then home via the US Embassy.
It’s the holidays! Do whatever you want! Email me back if you want to be put on the holiday email distribution list. I’ll create a group listing so the rest of you don’t have to read all the chatter over the holidays. Also that way you will all know who else is in town and if anything changes you can communicate more easily with each other.